Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Jackson, TN: District Manager is Snap Happy


Before we even started the KFC employees were telling us to leave. We assured them we could demonstrate on the sidewalk. I hope the employees will look into how KFC could improve and put some pressure on them.

The district manager came out and took a lot of pictures. I tried to get him to come speak to me but instead he stood up by the building and I shouted to him. I asked him if he knew what we were asking of KFC and if he had been to the website. He said he had looked into it. I said, surely you feel the chickens deserve better and that KFC can make changes. He shrugged and nodded at the same time. He said he would rather focus on human issues, like homelessness and child abuse.

People should realize that respect for non-human beings breeds respect for self and for others.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vegan Vixen said...

It is a human issue too. Our health. I bet that guy has never done anti-child abuse activism in his life either. People who do nothing at all tend to make comments like that.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home